Kerry Goelzer Associates Foley Building

foley-img_0690Foley Building

The Foley’s Dry Goods Store dates from 1898 and was designed by the Victorian era architect Eugene Heiner. The current owner, Guy Hagstette, along with his business partners, rehabilitated the building in the 1990’s, converting it to a gallery and offices on the ground floor with residential living above. The building now shares a common wall with an adjacent restaurant located in a separate historic structure. The most recent phase of the ongoing rehabilitation/renovation of the building was to address the issues related to sound transmission from the restaurant and modify the downstairs office suite. Kerry Goelzer provided analysis and documentation of sound transmission reduction techniques, code analysis and ADA review to confirm compliance with current codes while preserving the historic character of the building. She facilitated coordination with the structural engineer and general contractor to complete the project.